Meet the team
If your company is thinking of undertaking a redundancy process, it is expected that you know your legal rights before taking action to avoid any expensive mistakes.
Our experienced team can advise you on the options available to you, and help you structure any redundancy plans. To help you get a full understanding of your options, we offer a free initial no obligation discussion, to ensure you get the best outcome, at the right cost. We have seen that better outcomes are achieved when one of our experienced solicitors are brought in at an early stage, before costly mistakes are made, so get in contact today for a no obligation discussion.
Below you will find some potential traps for employers to be aware of;
- Using selection criteria which are vague and cannot be objectively measured or which may indirectly discriminate;
- Failing to comply with the key procedural stages of the process;
- Trying to disguise as a redundancy a dismissal for another reason;
- Not genuinely considering employees for alternative vacancies.
- Further, employers often forget to consider alternatives to redundancy such as flexible working or retraining and redeployment which may save both redundancy and recruitment costs.
See also our Employment factsheet (PDF).