Meet the team
Request a call back
“We were extremely happy with the way PowellsLaw dealt with our debtor problems. Excellent results. We were kept up to date on progress on a regular basis. First class service – thank you.”
“From the very first contact I felt in safe hands, their approach showed sensitivity.”
2. What we offer
- All work undertaken by a specialist litigation team member with considerable experience in all areas of debt recovery work
- Free initial assessment
- Practical advice
3. Key Stages
a) Prepare Case
- What has happened?
- Is it a Small Claim?
- Is there a contract?
- Is there correspondence?
- Witness statement
b) Submit Claim
- Ascertain in which Court to issue claim
- Draft and submit Claim Form
c) Preliminary Hearings
- Discuss specific aspects of claim
- Discuss each side’s responses
- Disclose evidence to each side
- Consider mediation/settlement
d) Final Hearing
- Prepare Court bundles comprising all the documentation to be considered by the Court
- Specialist Barrister may be instructed
- Representations made by either side based on evidence disclosed to date
- Final Decision
- Award of costs (if appropriate)
e) Enforcement of Court decision
- Charging order on Property or Company Shares
- Attachment of earnings
- Execution against goods
4. Average Fee
- An average fee based on an hourly rate of £275 per hour for a specialist litigation lawyer taking on a debt recovery claim up to £100,000.00 in value would be in the region £2750 to £6875 being 10-25 hours work up to any final hearing and depending upon the complexity and at which stage the matter is settled. The costs of any final hearing and enforcing any claim will be in addition but for budgeting purposes a further 10-20 hours work is likely to be involved.
- These fees do not include VAT nor do they include any additional fees such as bank transfer fees or online ID checks. Any barrister’s fees or fees charged by other experts will also be in addition.
- A court issue fee is payable based on the level of the claim. Further court fees may be payable at various stages of proceedings. A Court Fee calculator can be found at www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money/court-fees
5. Client Satisfaction
- This firm has a five-star satisfaction rating based on data collected by Working Feedback working on our behalf to collect client feedback. In the event any aspect of this firm’s service has fallen below your expectations, this firm’s complaints procedure can be found here.