Meet the team
Request a call back
“I have consulted with PowellsLaw in the past over employment issues and a tribunal hearing… both occasions were anxious times for me but the team have always made me feel valued and important as a client and they have been professional and honest in their approach.”
“The advice I received was well considered and carefully explained. The matter was dealt with very efficiently and with great kindness.”
2. What we offer
• All work undertaken by a specialist employment lawyer with considerable experience
• Free Initial Assessment
3. Key Stages
a) Prepare Case
• What has happened?
• Is there a contract?
• Is there correspondence?
• Witness statement
• Evidence of loss?
b) Submit Claim
• Draft and submit Form ET1
c) Preliminary Hearings
• Discuss specific aspects of claim
• Discuss each side’s responses
• Agree to a final hearing
d) Final Hearing
• Specialist Barrister may be used
• Representations made by either side based on evidence disclosed to date
• Final Decision
e) Average Fee
• An average fee based on an hourly rate of £225 per hour for a specialist employment lawyer taking on an employment tribunal claim would be in the region of 10-20 hours up to any final hearing and depending at which stage the matter is settled. The costs of any final hearing will be in addition but for budgeting purposes a further 10-20 hours work at £225 per hour is likely to be involved.
• This fee does not include VAT nor does it include any additional fees such as bank transfer fees or online ID checks. Any barrister’s fees or fees charged by other experts will also be in addition. Presently there is no court fee payable although this is under review.
5. Client Satisfaction
- This firm has a five-star satisfaction rating based on data collected by Working Feedback working on our behalf to collect client feedback. In the event that any aspect of this firm’s service has fallen below your expectations, this firm’s complaints procedure can be found here.