Meet the team
Request a call back
Let us guide you through the process with a fixed fee so you have certainty of the costs from the outset
If your marriage has broken down our experienced and sensitive Family Law team can help guide you through the process of obtaining a divorce – which is usually quite straightforward, particularly if the couple both agree that the marriage is over.
We offer a complete Fixed Fee divorce package from £550 so you are aware of the costs up front and can plan ahead. To arrange your first free initial appointment please request a call back using the form above or get in contact today.
To ensure you get the outcome you need, at the cost that’s right for you, we offer a range of payment options, one of them being pay as you go. Full details are on our Powells Pay As You Go – Help with Family Matters page.
A divorce will only be granted if one of the 5 facts laid down by law, proving irretrievable breakdown, is established. The 5 facts are:
- Your spouse has committed adultery and you find it intolerable to continue living together.
- Your spouse has behaved in such a way that it would be unreasonable to expect you to continue living together.
- Your spouse has deserted you for a continuous period of 2 years or more.
- You and your spouse have been living separately for 2 years or more and your spouse agrees to the divorce.
- You and your spouse have been living separately for 5 years or more, whether or not your spouse consents to the divorce.
If you would like to know more about obtaining a divorce, the first step is to get one of our experts on board from an early stage for an initial appointment, which is included within the £500 fixed fee offer to ensure you get the outcome you need, at the cost that’s right for you. Full details are on our Powells Pay As You Go – Help with Family Matters page.