Single Farm Payments

Our specialist team can help you through the process with specific advice on your single farm payment, or help you apply for it. Below you will find information on the Single Farm Payment Policy; however If you think you are entitled to a payment or have concerns about your current payments, we would recommend getting one of our experts on board from an early stage for a free initial no obligation discussion to ensure you get the outcome you need, at the cost that’s right for you. Please visit our Payment Options page for more details on costs.

Since 1 January 2005 payments from the EC to farmers are now linked to the occupation of land. Farmers are awarded a single right to a payment per hectare each known as an entitlement in return for managing the land, not for producing agricultural crops. A farmer has to be carrying on an agricultural activity and can be an individual or a company or a partnership. Similarly farmers operating under such farming agreements who carry out the agricultural activities are likely to be those entitled rather than the farmer who provides the land. Entitlements are freely transferable and must be notified to the Rural Payments Agency. Both the seller and buyer have to be a farmer under the definition. Entitlements can be transferred without land subject to certain conditions and VAT is chargeable in that instance. Stamp Duty Land Tax is not payable as an entitlement is not an interest in land.

See also our Agricultural fact sheet (PDF).

Join our mailing list...

Need some help?

Contact us to request a call back

Need help?